Tuesday 29 January 2008

DON´T YOU SHARE THE SAME IDEAS?

The Real Goals of Education



When I watch kids walk into the building on their first day of school, I think about what I want them to be like when they walk out on their last day. I also think about what I want them to be like on the day I bump into them in the supermarket 10 or 20 years later. Over the course of three decades watching kids walk into my schools, I have decided that I want them to


  • be lifelong learners

  • be passionate

  • be ready to take risks

  • be able to problem-solve and think critically

  • be able to look at things differently

  • be able to work independently and with others

  • be creative

  • care and want to give back to their community

  • persevere

  • have integrity and self-respect

  • have moral courage

  • be able to use the world around them well

  • speak well,write well,read well, and work well with numbers

  • truly enjoy their life and their work
To me, these are the real goals of education.
Taken from " The Big Picture" Education is Everybody´s Business by Dennis Littky ,Published by ASCD , 2004

No comments: